Cabinets, networks and telecom GSM-R / RRH
Grolleau is assisting the SNCF with their deployment of the GSM-R network (via Synerail) and therefore contributes to the modernisation of its global communication system.
- A component of the European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS),
- Telecommunications standard for over 20 European countries (opening of networks, interoperability),
- Private mobile network infrastructure, wireless RF (Media of the European train signalling/control system ETCS).
GSM-R (global system for mobile communication – railways)
- Wireless/radio communication Transmission or Reception:
DATA: Control of trains’ position & speed, VOICE: Calls,
- GSM-R cells, BTS radio sites (cabinets, pylons, etc.):
15,000 Km of tracks covered, including 1000 sites (Grolleau’s annex bays, 2011-2017),
- Data Transmission Network:
TRANSmission Network from BTS to BTS (cells/platform sectors) & to the core network. TRANSport network in copper, terrestrial, optical fibre.
- Base Station Controller (BTS), BSC:
Acts as controller, traffic switcher in the plate, (between BTS cells) & to the other plates.
- Core network, NSS:
Databases with user identity & location, communication routing network switch.
- Instant delivery of communication:
Entering / leaving on fixed infrastructure (station, control or operation centre, etc.) & to BSC.