GSM-R (GLOBAL SYSTEM FOR MOBILE COMMUNICATION – RAILWAYS)
Grolleau is assisting the SNCF with their deployment of the GSM-R network (via Synerail) and therefore contributes to the modernisation of its global communication system.
- A component of the European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS),
- Telecommunications standard for over 20 European countries (opening of networks, interoperability),
- Private mobile network infrastructure, wireless RF (Media of the European train signalling/control system ETCS).
- Wireless/radio communication Transmission or Reception:
DATA: Control of trains’ position & speed, VOICE: Calls,
- GSM-R cells, BTS radio sites (cabinets, pylons, etc.):
15,000 Km of tracks covered, including 1000 sites (Grolleau’s annex bays, 2011-2017),
- Data Transmission Network:
TRANSmission Network from BTS to BTS (cells/platform sectors) & to the core network. TRANSport network in copper, terrestrial, optical fibre.
- Base Station Controller (BTS), BSC:
Acts as controller, traffic switcher in the plate, (between BTS cells) & to the other plates.
- Core network, NSS:
Databases with user identity & location, communication routing network switch.
- Instant delivery of communication:
Entering / leaving on fixed infrastructure (station, control or operation centre, etc.) & to BSC.
ANNEX BAY (2018 GENERATION)
- Inverter generator set
- Utilities: internal heating, site lighting, maintenance socket
- Flatpack 5U Eltek
- Netsure 501 Emerson
230 Volts AC ripple current via inverter:
- 3 Backup battery branches from 105 to 180 Ah / branch
- 2+2 RRH max of 40 Kg
- 230 Vac: internal lighting, maintenance socket
- 48Vdc: RRH radio module
- Connection to antennas by RF band
- Connection to the DM module in the annex bay by FO & Copper (A-Bis)
- Integrated on site by Vinci Energie / Axians infrastructure teams